Power network operators have limited non essential maintenance to the National Grid as engineers become ill and self isolate.
Fewer staff may mean faults and power cuts take much longer to repair.
The distribution network operators have issued advice to vulnerable people to take the following precautions in the event of a power cut
- Make sure you have torch(es) handy with charged up batteries.
- Make sure you have warm clothing available as your gas and electric heating will be affected in a power cut.
- In the event of a power cut keep medicines and food as cool as possible. Try not to open fridges and freezers unnecessarily.
- Trap heat by drawing curtains and closing doors
- Keep your mobile phone and any laptops/tablets charged. You may need these to call for help or get an update. If you have a power bank keep that charged too.
If you are unlucky enough to have a power cut then you can call 03457 643 643 or visit https://www.nienetworks.co.uk/power-cuts/help to get an update on when power is likely to be restored.
I hope you find this useful.